Podcast: Psychological safety does NOT mean warm and fuzzy
🌱 Psychological safety is an environment where you feel like you can share your thoughts, mistakes, concerns, and big ideas without being ridiculed.
It doesn’t mean…
“La, la laaaa…. 🦄 🌟🌈everyone should LOVE and support every thought that comes out of every person’s mouth!”
Nope. What we’re talking about, is candor – respectfully speaking in a direct, open, and honest way.
What else I talked about:
- Read the book Radical Candor
- Well’s Fargo’s PR nightmare
- Listen to all the benefits of implementing a House System (17:20) to drive employee engagement!
- Connect with Terilyn Eisenhauer on Linkedin
- Photo of the CatchCo team on murder mystery night
- Ask your managers to invite a direct report to sit it on a meeting that the direct report wouldn’t normally be involved with. This encourages transparency and shows what the level above them works on!